Intertherm gas FAU roof jack

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kemoore45

I am in the process of re-roofing a mobile home that contains Intertherm gas FAU model #MGH-055ABWL-07. The termination cap on the end of the flue is rusted out. Will Crown assembly #903656 work on this flue as a replacement?

I cannot get the existing cap off...rusted? Or are there attachment screws that are not visible?

Option #2 is to replace the entire roof jack telescoping flue assembly. Similiar problems; will roof jack #903895 work on this unit? I cannot get the existing one off...the entire roof jack assembly slides easily up to a point and then it catches on something...is there a screw somewhere inside that prevents removal?

I have the old model #'s for the flue parts from the FAU name tag but no where can I find these numbers. I am told by the Owner that the mobile home is from 1991. The model numbers from the existing ID tag on the FAU are as follows:

Roof Jack series:
40502-
40707-
41871-

Any help, advice, solutions, pity, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Robert

Hi,

Should be screws attaching it to furnace and then crown/cap may or may not have screws.

If rusted that bad, probably best to replace roof-jack.

If replacing and cannot figure it out, may have to cut and take out in sections.

For new roof-jack measure from top of furnace to the roof of home, then select a roof-jack with that measurement falling as close to middle of the telescoping distance for that roof-jack to have some give and take if needed.

Will come back with Nordyne Roof-Jack page in a second and add it it here.

You can then select roof-jack and order there through PayPal.

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneChimneys.html

Add roof-jack to cart and continue shopping and go here to order

Hydroment Sealant :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/ColemanChimneys.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
kemoore45

Thanks for the reply. Update; I was able to remove the existing cap...it was rusted on. Next problem is that the diameter of the interior flue pipe is 4 3/8"-give or take. All of the replacement caps and/or roof jacks that I can find have an interior flue pipe diameter of 5 3/8". Is there a cap I can order with the 4 3/8" diameter pipe? or is there an adapter? At this point I would like to try to avoid replacing the entire roof jack assuming that the connection to the FAU is also 4" and to top of the FAU not being accessible.

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

The crowns/caps and roof-jacks at the link I sent are all that is now available.

They are for all Nordyne furnaces.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?