nordyne M1m 2 red lights on...help

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

showmebandit

2 red lights flashing....2005 model...says pressure switch is open with inducer on....diag procedure??...thanks....i did search the archives some and tried the remedies i found to no avail...thanks in advance
Robert

Make sure iducer motor is running smooth, inspect air pipe to inducer for damage, defects, separation or blockage, inspect the small tubes to pressure switch for looseness, damage, kinks or blockage, inspect inducer motor/wheel for cleanness.

See if you have 24vac to ground at ONE of the two wires to pressure switch.

Check other wire to be sure it reads 0vac to ground.

Remove both wires and ohm across pressure switch to see if it is closed.

IF all the inspections are ok, only ONE wire reads 24vac to ground and the switch is NOT closed, probably a bad pressure switch.

Sometimes you can remove tube from inducer and blow into it to get switch to close.

If so, replace pressure switch.

Let me know if you need ordering info.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
showmebandit

FInally got around to checking this out...plus my brother was here and he used to be a hvac tech...after i tried unsuccessfully to diagnose it, i took advantage of his being here...he simply pulled one of the wires off the pressure switch...gave it a minute...reattached the wire and the lights went back to normal and the furnace lit and came on....so it's indeed the pressure switch....thanks and yes i could use that ordering info Robert...thanks again
Robert

Need complete model number of furnace. Removing wire resets it, be sure all other items I mentioned are ok as they can be bad and cause the pressure switch to be open.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?