Nordyne E2EB-015HA blower needs replacing

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

redman

I currently have a Nordyne furnace model E2EB-015HA with a blower assembly marked as 902993 . I was wondering if I should/could replace it with the 902985 blower assembly. Would this be compatible and provide better air flow thru the house? The blower assembly needs to be replaced and not sure which would be best.
Robert

Hi,

902993 is for 2 to 4 tons of cooling.

902985 is for 5 tons of cooling.

What tonnage is your a/c ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
redman

I'm not sure. Is there any way to tell?
Robert

What is outside condensing unit or inside a-coil model number ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
redman

The outside unit is Nordyne js3ba 048ka. I'm embarassed to say that it is plainly marked 4 ton right in plain sight. so if it calls for a 902993 would the 902985 not cool properly on a 4 ton unit? My home has 13 vents and was just wondering if the 5 ton unit would provide better air flow?
Robert

Hi,

The 902985 is a 5 ton blower and provides 5 tons of airflow. It would require 5 tons of cooling capacity.

The 902993 is what your a/c is designed for.

IF the airflow or cooling is not adequate, have an hvac tech to run some tests to see what the problem is.

Could be low charge, dirty coil, filter or blower wheel, motor going bad, duct problems, wrong size a/c unit, etc... .

Thanks,
Robert
redman

I put in the new run cap I ordered from ya'lls site and took the blower assembly completly apart and cleaned it up. The a/c now works great, thanks for the help.
Robert

Hi,

That's great, you're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert