Repair or replace?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Nazareth

E3EB-012H Unit.. My eldest son decided that the best way to clean the Acc coils was to SCRUB them really really hard... which of course stopped all air flow. Not knowing this last week I turned the A/c on and didn't think about it for 2 days.. all the condensation was dripping directly into the access panel causing some pretty serious shorting and burning of wiring. I ordered and have just recieved a new ACC. coil so that problem will be taken care of in short order. Now the real question. Should i replace all the little electrical things inside the access panel or would it be cheaper at about $425.00 to replace the unit?
Robert

Hi,

I would repair it. Are you ordering these from us or someone else ?

Did you order the coil from us ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Nazareth

I'll be ordering from you i think... and I did get the coil from you. Right now i'm seeing alot or corrosion in the wiring and all those little connectors in there and I have no idea what most of those things are. Would it be possible to get a clear photo of the inside of the service area wired up and maybe names of the various components so i can order what i need and know how to get it all back together?
Robert

Hi,

You can order a parts and wiring diagram from us to be sent via email.

It will be in black/white and show all parts and then a wiring diagram, but not showing it wired up.

Transformer, blower relay, sequencer, limits are pretty much it plus the wiring (high heat wire and terminal connectors).

We have everything needed.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?