Help! I have a E2EB-015HA Leaking Condensation for years!

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

joejohnson440

Hi Guys. I am new to the forum and I have a question. I have spent 4 days working to replace the floors that this unit has ruined over the last 3 years. (all this work is why I waited!!....:( ) It leaks condensation from the Evaporator. I have watched it. The plastic tray under the coil is not broken, nor does it over flow due to a clog in the drain. It seems to leak from the inside of the "A" and I believe it is missing the tray and getting into the blower. The splatter is all over the walls of the little closet (for lack of better word) that it's in. The coil is very dirty, but I don't know if this is causing the problem or not. My neighbor has had the same thing happen so this seems like a common problem. ANY help would be appreciated. I have taken apart the unit drained the freon and now I am ready to put it all back, but I am not sure what to do to fix the unit and not ruin the new floors I have put down.
I Reject Your Reality and Substitute My Own!
Robert

Did you clean the a-coil, blower motor, blower wheel and clean/change the filter ?

Look in top blue toolbar, click hvac, then click articles and see the cleaning your a/c and cleaning your furnace blower articles.

Do all that first.

Then call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and ask for Mark. IF your unit does NOT have a trap installed in the drain line between drain pan and end of drain line outside, you must have one.

Ask him to about ordering a new condensate drain trap that I have just had him get today and begin stocking.

Also, IF the a-coil is extremely dirty or the coil fins in bad shape, will need to call an hvac tech or maybe replace the coil.

Sometimes a coil box is needed, but usually above will take care of it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
joejohnson440

I have cleaned the A coil the fins have just a couple of places where they are bent, but mostly they are in good shape. I have also cleaned the blower, it had A LOT of hair stuck in the fins!! EEEWWW! haven't put unit back together enough to try and see if it is fixed. There is a trap in the line. What is a coil box?? Thanks.
Robert

It's a box the a-coil sits in and helps ensure all airflow makes it through the a-coil for proper operation.

That should take care of it with the trap there also.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
joejohnson440

Thanks Robert,
Hopefully the cleaning will take care of it. I'll know in a few days....
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
banjo-nut

i would like to know what your final resolution is on this, seems i have almost the same symtoms, on the floor damage, but i have done everthing except replace the a coil,
everything clean, seems blower wheel sucks the condensate down on the electrical boxes, and runs down out on the floor, causeing me a week long floor job, plus repainting the whole room too, because of a room remod....
but condensate on floor issue not resolved yet...
thanks,