Nordyne AC Trouble

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

packerbacker7964

Once unit reaches set point the condensor will shut off but the fan stays running and won't go off no matter where ever you move the thremostat. Jumpered out the limit switches to check for them being the problem and still no luck.
Robert

What is the furnace model number ? Most likely a bad fan relay.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
packerbacker7964

m1mb070abw Model number
m1m981003448 Serial number

Funny thing is that if you keep the unit about 76 degrees it goes on/off on it's own. ANything close to 73 and it does the run after the compressor is off and just keeps running even if you move the stat above 80 degrees. Hell you can move it back and forth and it clicks but stays running. Thanks for your time and effort.
Robert

Hi,

Your unit has an integrated control board that controls the furnace blower motor during heat and cool modes.

When the home has reached set temp and the outside condensing unit shuts off, but indoor blower keeps running, do these tests :

Go to board terminals W, C, G, R and test across G and C for 24 to 28VAC .

Then go to terminals XFMR, L1, HEAT, COOL and test across COOL and one of the NEUTRAL terminals to the left for 120VAC .

Let me know what you get.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
packerbacker7964

Don't have an amp meter at home right now. Now it clicks and when I beat the relay it starts to blink 1 time. Once I beat the living shit out of it again it glows a steady red but still runs the inside fan with the outside unit off.
Robert

Most likely a bad control board relay, which will require replacing the board.

You'll need a volt-ohm meter to do the tests.

Thanks,
Robert
packerbacker7964

When cooling with outside unit running I get these readings
Gray- 0V
Red-27V
Green-25V
White-4V

when the outside unit goes off and the fan motor stays running on the inside the fan changes to a lower speed (just a couple RPM's but slower I get Green at 0V.
Robert

At that same time with outside condenser off and indoor blower still running and Green reading 0VAC.

What do you read across COOL and one of the NEUTRALS ?

Thanks,
Robert