Unit freezing, blower not working well and mom very sick.

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

kevin_victoria

Hi there new to the website and have a couple questions. I have a Nordyne ac/heat unit model # MGHA-075ABFC-01 blower model #461350 with a 1/5 hp. motor. I have a mobile home and the original problem was that i was getting little pressure coming out of the vents and the air wasn't that cold. Had a tech come out and he said there was freon or rg22 leak somewhere in the system. It wasn't covered for him to fix the leak so he put 20 to 30 lbs of r22 in the system to keep it going. When he left I found a leak in the pipe connection at the bottom of the unit. I repaired that. Now after the unit runs for a while the pipes freeze up on the inside of the unit and the outside unit. The air is a little cooler coming out of the vents but the pressure still isn't that great. Once it freezes up it just all around works poorer. I tried cleaning up both units, filters, etc. Any ideas what I can try? Also regarding the blower should the motor for the blower be a 1/3hp. for a heat/ac unit. I believe thats what it says and the 1/5 should be used for just a heat unit. Thanks for the help, mom has some medical conditions and i do have a unit in her window but it would be nice to have the whole house. thanks.
Robert

Ensure filter, blower motor, blower wheel and a-coil are all clean.

Make sure duct is ok with no blockages or damage.

If all ok, find a reputable hvac tech to find and repair leak, then recharge unit.

If all above ok, shouldn't be leaking and freezing.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?