Intertherm E1EH-015ha

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

micbel

First question: In heat mode the heating element appears to function but fan does not come on when the switch is on auto. When the switch is flipped to ON the fan appears to work fine. I'm assuming this is a sequencer problem after reading similar posts of other models? Can you verify and point me to the correct replacement part as I seem unable to locate it?

2nd question: is there a service manual for this model that we can download, one was not provided with the home and we are unable to locate one.
thanks.
Robert

Hi,

1.)- Sequencer # 01-0840 ( Controls blower and 2 elements)

Sequencer # 621383 (Controls third element)

I recommend replacing both when one fails.

2.)- Furnace homeowners manual can be ordered here :

http://www.hvacmanuals.com/

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
micbel

thank you,

I looked through all the manuals and searched for the model number but did not find one for an E1EH-015ha model, am I just not seeing it? Or is an E2 series manual sufficient?

thank you for your help,
Robert

Hi,

Call toll free to 1-877-263-7860 and speak with Mark. I believe the older FEH furnaces were real close/similar to the E1EH.

Then the E2EH is just the next series and very similar also.

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
micbel

New problem,

We fixed the inside heater with a relay (621867 Relay), we didn't replace the sequencers as the relay was testing bad and when we replaced that the inside heater works as expected. However, we noticed that the outside heat pump does not come on. We did test the A/C and the outside unit comes on and works, blows cold air as expected when the thermostat is in cool. Any suggestions on why the heat pump is not coming on when the thermostat is on heat?

Outside Unit Brand: Goodman
Outside Unit Model Number: CK42-1C

thanks,
Robert

Hi,

Could be the t-stat, defrost board, reversing valve, reversing valve solonoid. Would need all tested and checked to see what is not allowing the switch to heat mode.

Thanks,
Robert
micbel

So we cracked the heat pump and all we found inside was a capacitor, relay/contactor, fan, compressor, cooling lines. The unit clearly states it is a heat pump on the model information tag, but there is no defrost board or other control electronics in the outside unit. There are 2 wires that lead from the coil of the relay/contactor to the system indoors. That's the only low voltage circuit connection that there is. We tested low voltage when the t-stat (honeywell ct31a1003) was in cool mode and the unit outside was running there is 24v to the relay/contactor coil. In heat mode there is no voltage to relay/contactor coil, the question is why? As far as we can tell the relay/contactor coil is connected to one output on the t-stat (there are 4 wires, only the yellow wire goes to the outside unit), there are no other connections from the t-stat to the heat pump. T-stat appears to be completely functional except there is no 24v to the heat pump in heat mode.
Is it possible there is not supposed to be any voltage to the heat pump in heat mode or that the fan is not supposed to run in heat mode? Is it really working like it's supposed too or is really not a heat pump at all? We are confused....
Robert

Hi,

What is the outside unit brand name and model number ?

IF you look inside outside unit and follow both refrigerant lines (big and small one) where they enter the unit, then go to compressor, then to the coil around unit, then from coil come around and exit unit to go inside home.

Do you see a component with 3/4/5 lines connected to it and a solonoid and wires coming to it and it is in the refrigerant line ?

If not and you just have two plain copper pipes/lines with nothing installed in one, then it is not a heat pump.

You would also have an orange wire connected at t-stat and running out to unit.

Thanks,
Robert
micbel

Outside Unit Brand: Goodman
Outside Unit Model Number: CK42-1C

thank you, we'll take a look again today.
Robert

Let me know what you find,

Thanks,
Robert
micbel

We haven't gotten a chance to go back and look inside the unit, I will post when we check it out.

There are only 2 wires going to the outside unit, a red and blue.
thank you!!
Robert

For a heat pump, there would be 4 or 5 wires going to outside condenser.

Thanks,
Robert
micbel

that's what we thought, should have more wires.

we tested voltage to the unit from the t-stat lines - there is 24v in A/C mode but nothing in heat mode. we are at the conclusion that either this has not been wired to use as a heat pump or despite what the label says it is not a heat pump.

thank you for your help, I will post after we look at the coolant lines.
Robert

Hi,

Could be heat pump with a bad reversing valve keeping it in cooling mode. Someone may have disconnected wires for heating and just used electric furnace inside, making the heat pump a straight a/c unit.

Been done a time or two. Then it may not be a heat pump.

Thanks,
Robert
micbel

I think we've determined finally that the outside unit is not a heat pump, unfortunately. I guess we are going to look into installing a heat pump or replacing the entire system, or finding an alternative. Have any recommendations on where to look for heating/a-c systems for mobile homes and what size we should get, I think the home is 1100 sq ft? thank you for all you help!