UPDATED**Nordyne/ No heat in auto-only in vent mode??

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Ereed

Hello, I have a Nordyne unit in my mobile home(sorry don't have the model # right now as I just found this site, will have it tonight!) and the heat will not work in the "Auto" mode or "Fan" mode, only when I turn it to "Vent" do I get any heat! Although all of these modes work perfectly fine with the AC! The only way I can get any heat is to have it in "vent" mode and turn to heat. If I select auto mode and heat, I can move the temp selector switch up and down and I hear something click like it wants to come on but it never does?? This is the first time I have used my heat this year. I can get heat using the "vent" but this runs all the time and I don't want to leave it continuously running! Thanks so much for any help, its getting cold and i need my heat! Thanks for any advice!

Eric
Last edited by Ereed on Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert

Hi Eric,

Need that model number to be able to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Ereed

Hello Robert,

The model # is C3QA-047U-B

Thanks so much for your help, maybe we can get this thin figured out!
Robert

Hi Eric,

That's your evaporator a-coil number. Look on facing of furnace midway or down lower for a data sticker or nameplate.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Ereed

Sorry Robert, here is the correct model# I believe: E2EB-017HB
Robert

Hi Eric,

Do you feel any heat around furnace ? Like maybe one or more elements are energizing, but no blower or is nothing at all coming on.

You should be able to feel heat around the furnace if any elements are on.

Thanks,
Robert
Ereed

Robert, not sure about any heat, but nope...nothing at all comes on when heat is in auto mode. Like I said, I can just hear something click like it wants to come on whenever I move the temp selector up and down. Any thoughts?
Robert

Hi Eric,

Possibly a bad sequencer, but need to see if it is getting 24vac across (front to back) the bottom H terminals of sequencer from T-stat.

If so and no elements or blower, sequencer is bad.

Thanks,
Robert
Ereed

Robert, if it is the sequencer, which one(part#) will I need for my model furnace and also where exactly is it located, thanks!!
Robert

Hi Eric,

Ok, your furnace does not have any sequencers, it uses contactors and relays for the heating element and blower controls.

The circuit runs through each and without tracing each circuit, hard to know which one may be at fault from here.

Contactor # 621957

Contactor # 621958

Relay # 621898

Relay # 621899

Depending on what excatly is or is not working at the given times needed, could be just one, a combo of two or more or none at all.

However, usually, one or more is the fault with problems as you described.

They can all be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Prices are listed and shipping is $8.00 .

Thanks,
Robert
Ereed2

Hey Robert, need your help again!?

Ok, I went ahead and replaced both relays and both contactors that you mentioned and the heat still will not work in auto mode! Here is what is happening, as I said, I can only get some heat in the "Vent" mode. Now that I have replace the contactors and relays, I can switch the unit to "Heat" and "Auto" and I see the elements heat up but then something clicks and it goes out, the fan never runs in this mode although I did once see it try and spin. So there is heat at the elements but it just wont come on and run?? Any ideas on what else could cause this?? Im sure its not the blower cause it works fine but I can't get the heat to work in "auto" mode, and its really cold :( here? Please help!? Thanks alot!!
Robert

Hi,

First, look everything over closely with wiring diagram and be sure all is wired correctly.

Then if the motor still won't work, set t-stat at heat-auto-85* and go to motor wiring harness.

Follow it to the molex connector plug. Look at where the Yellow wire and Orange wire goes, unplug the connector and find corresponding holes for those two wires, yellow and orange.

Place one meter lead in each and see if you have 240VAC there.

Do this test about 1 to 2 minutes after call for heat from t-stat.

IF you do not have it there, you will need to follow circuit going by wiring diagram and check backwards to find where the power is stopped at.

Thanks,
Robert
Ereed2

Hmm, I'll check that Robert. If I am getting 24vAC there, is there any chance it could be something with the run capacitor? Cause the only thing left if the motor and I'm sure its fine cause it works fine when the "vent" is running and also works fine in "cool" A/C mode! Thanks for your help, I'll keep trying.
Robert

Hi,

240VAC, not 24VAC . If run capacitor was bad, motor would not work in any mode.

The motor runs a different circuit for heat-auto than it does for a/c-auto and fan ON modes.

Thanks,
Robert
Ereed2

Hello Robert, just a thought, if I wasn't getting the 240vac, the transformer would be bad right, but I wouldn't think that cause the blower actually does run and work, just not in "Heat"-"auto" mode.Also as per the wiring diagram, if you said to check for 240vac across the yellow and red on the molex plug, the red is not use,it isn't connected to anything, it just hangs down with a female spade end on it, the yellow I beleive goes to one of the relays. Sorry to have so many questions but I really wanna get this fixed and I'm running out of ideas, if both relays and both contactors have been replaced, just don't know what else it could be??? I've checked the wiring twice, as I looked at it last night, like I said, I can watch the elements heat up and come on, then both contactors click and it shuts off, then repeats this process again in minute or so but no blower ever comes on, since the blower will work, it wouldn't be a problem with the motor would it?? Thanks Robert!

"Determined to get this fixed"!! :D