Nordyne FEH-012HA-04 furnace

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Alabama

I bought a new fuse panel and disconnect bar and replaced that because it was melted. Now the heater will come on but it will not turn off. Today I replaced the thermostat.Still didn't work even kept running when the thermostat wire were disconnected. When I checked the sequencer it was loose and came apart I put it back and made sure it popped in snug but still have to use the breaker to turn heat on and off. Any ideas about what should I do now-I'm kinda flying by the seat of my pants by reading posts here.
Robert

Hi,

That is usually a bad sequencer.

Sequencer # 901075 can be seen and ordered through PayPal from right side here :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneElec.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Alabama

Thanks-- now I got a really bad problem. I found the sequencer at a local parts place and brought it home today just in time for the 25 degree cold coming in tonight. I asked my neighbor to help me and he took the old one off before I noted where the wires are supposed to go back. I don't know how to read a wiring diagram. Neither does he he was certain he could put it back right but when I turned the on it just buzzes does not kick on at all now. After it buzzes it clicks off. I don't know what to do I only know how to describe the way it is on in women speak. I have the old one in front of me and it has M1 M2 M3 M4 I have violet and yellow which I did manage to trace back to the blower he connected those to the lower copper prongs at the back the rest of my wires are black. I hope you can help me. -humbly grateful but about to freeze in Alabama
Robert

Hi,

You're going to need an hvac tech to wire it back up. With the wiring colors not OEM and no way of knowing how/what neighbor did, not much I can do from here. Too risky of having a miswire.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Alabama

Uh Oh what kind of things can a miss wire cause. Because the neighbor called someone (Because he knew he had goofed) that is NOT HVAC but that knows how to read a diagram. He said he had never done this before but he did seem to understand how to read and make sure the wires were put back in the right order. Just as I was about to give up and had decided I was going to have to call for service (which I guess you can guess I can't afford or i wouldn't be in that thing to begin with) it kicked in and has ran all night cycling on and off. After, your last post Its back to off again I threw the breaker. I have a child I can't risk fire. What the neighbor did was disconnect all the wires without marking or noting where the came from. He had held the flash light for me when I replaced the fuse panel and he watched me carefully note the order. I had both parts before I removed the old one and that made it easier but still I know to mark anything that needs certain order-in this case I had mused maybe I should take the old one with me just in case and before I knew it He was handing it to me. I don't think I could get a HVAC service man in until Monday we only have one more really cold night to get through. Please tell me the sequencer will fry or the fuses blow or something that won't burn the house down. Or tell me I shouldn't use it even though is seems to be working OK now-running late for work now and will leave the breaker off so it doesn't cycle on during the day and will check in when I get in thank you.
Robert

Hi,

A miswire can cause a shorted circuit, burnt components and fires. IF he is certain he reconnected every wire where it belongs and furnace is working correctly over a 4-5 hour span, then most likely ok.

IF something is connected wrong, either the furnace won't work at all or won't work very long.

So getting it to work for extended period of time is good.

Just keep a close eye on it for a few days. If still concerned, get an hvac tech to come look it over for correct wiring.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert