Nordyne sequncing help needed

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rickbrk

have a Nordyne E1EB-015H furnace. I recently replaced all the parts in the furnace ( that I ordered from Mobilehomerepair.com of course) I wired everything per the wireing diagram but the problem is when I call for heat the blower comes on then the elements, and after shut down the blower shuts off before the elements, so I am assuming the the sequencers may have wires cross. where should I look first to fix this?

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

Look at wiring diagram and be sure all is wired correctly. If wired correctly, blower should engage with first set of elements and disengage lastly.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rickbrk

I have double checked the wireing and it is wired per the diagram, but here is exactly what it does. When I call for heat the fan comes on right a way and I think the element comes on at same time but it may come on after the fan. but when the temp is reached the fan shuts off and I not quite sure if the elements shut off with the fan. but the element will come back on without the fan and after they trip the limit switch they shut off and stay off untill the furnace comes back on.. what can cuase this? Hope I explained it well enough
Robert

The two most common would be a bad sequencer or a wire or two crossed up. You said you have it wired right and parts are new though.

Would need to know which element comes back on, trace wire to sequencer and see if sequencer contacts are closed and if so, do you have 24vac at bottom coil terminals.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?