No main burner

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

rawkdw

Hello,
I have a Miller model M1gb 056a BW with a Robert Shaw stepped gas valve 7200ercs. The gas is suppose to come on at 25% of flow then 14 seconds later kick up to 100%. The problem is it doesn't always kick up to 100%. It burns at 25% while the blower cycles on and off. I had the input gas pressure checked and it was 4.5" wc. I was told the valve was bad but I thought I'd checked with the experts first.

Thanks,
Rick
Cold in MI.
Robert

Hi Rick,

Natural Gas or LP ?

Have you checked the main burner orifice behind gas valve for blockage (spider-web-eggs) ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rawkdw

Hello,
First, Thanks for the help. Its Natural Gas and will check for blockage in the morning.

Rick
Adrian,MI
homebuff

Robert wrote:Hi Rick,

Natural Gas or LP ?

Have you checked the main burner orifice behind gas valve for blockage (spider-web-eggs) ?

Thanks,
Robert
Robert! David here.
Can you tell me where that orifice is located so I can check mine & how to remove it to inspect it?
That may be the reason why mine has some yellow flame mixed with the blue flame & a very low flame.
Thank's for you expertise & advice.
David
I am a certified ford diesel tech, "Retired Now" Ford Parts Department counter man, computer consultant, repairman & programmer
rawkdw

Hello,
Removed main burner assembly this morning and found no blockage of any kind. Removed orifice and looked down into valve and screen was clear. 24v at valve. Lit furnace and burner came on at 25% after about 20-30 minutes it kicked up to 100% flow. Yesterday it would'nt kick up at all.

Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

Did anything fall out when doing this that may have caused a blockage ?

Let me know if it does it again, but after this, would need an hvac tech to test manifold gas pressure during cycle to see what it shows.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
rawkdw

Robert,
Nothing fell out, I was very careful. and understand that it always takes 20 to30 minutes to kick up to full flow everytime there is a call for heat. I was ok with that as this is in my workshop. It did'nt did'nt kick up at all the other day which led me here. Manifold gas pressure is 4"wc during cycle.

Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

Input gas pressure should be 7" to 8" wc and manifold gas pressure should be 3.5" wc.

It shouldn't take long for the gas valve to open to full stage pressure.

Thanks,
Robert
rawkdw

Robert,
My input pressure is only 4.5 wc. Would this cause my intermittent full burner more so then a bad valve?

Rick
Robert

Hi Rick,

That could be the problem or part of it. Get that corrected and see if anything changes.

Thanks,
Robert
rawkdw

Ok Thanks

Rick
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert