Intertherm E2EH=015ha

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

flatspot

Hello all first post here, I have the above unit and am having a difficult time understanding why there is venting going up thru the roof on this electric heat unit. I would understand gas but with electric there is no combustion correct? So why the venting or exhuast?
Thanks flatspot
Last edited by flatspot on Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Robert

Hi,

It is a VentilAire system for bringing in fresh air to mix with return air and also to exhaust the heat and moisture out of the attic cavity.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
flatspot

Thanks Robert for the information. I guess I should not disconect and use the overhead space for storage then.
Robert

Correct and above space should never be used for storage above any type furnace. Furnaces create heat and can create fires and having storage above the furnace, will only intensify the flames and make it worse.

Especially in mobile homes where in the event of a fire, every second is needed and keeping fire at the slowest burn rate as possible if very important.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?