Nordyne E2EB-012HA

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

coreysoi

The unit is not heating like it should. Its like it not getting hot enough. The unit will come on and heat up but it seems it cant keep up and sometimes it will get colder in the house wile its running. I'm a electronics tech so I have checked and I have 240 to the two elements. The elements 11.6kw (498193) I did a resistance test. If I figured this right they should read about 10 ohms each. I am getting 9.1 and 7.4 . Is that my problem are is it something else need help.
Robert

Hi,

Use an Ammeter and do an amp draw to see if they are working at design potential.

Also check to ensure no ducts have come loose allowing infiltration of cold air into the duct.

What is the return air temp at furnace return on door and what is supply temp at closest register to furnace ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
coreysoi

Hi thanks for responding.

I don't have a clamp amp meter just a regular meter that only goes to 10 amps. The ducts are all in the ceiling there is no way to get to them. I redid my ohm check I unwired the two elements they both read 9.5 ohms. I get 240v across the elements when on and 120 to ground when off. As for the temps I don't understand where you are talking about.
Robert

Louvered door on furnace is where the return air comes, measure temp there.

Then get supply temp from closest ceiling register to the furnace.

Clamp jaw ammeter to test amp draw of coils is best to know what they're doing.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
coreysoi

I going to get a clamp ammeter and a thermometer tomorrow. What readings should I be looking for(if working right)?
Robert

Hi,

Look on furnace facing for data sticker or nameplate. It may list the temp. rise for your furnace. If not, the supply temp should usually be between 40 and 70 degrees higher than return on average,

Middle range is best if possible.

Data sticker/nameplate will show amps for your coils and they may have a sticker on front plate showing amps also.

If not, let me know and I can look it up.

Thanks,
Robert
coreysoi

Thanks for the info Robert but I think I found the problem. I found that I have a bad limit switch; it stays open even with the unit off. I ordered one from this site, so we shall see when it comes in. Hopefully that it, if not you will see me on here again.

Thanks
Corey
Robert

Hi Corey,

Sounds good, thanks for ordering.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert