Nordyne FG6RC-100C-16B very cold morning

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

DMG

Last night, cold house found the inducer blower running but never a furnace start up. Shut power off, waited turned power back on same issue. Noticed two flashes, pressure switch open while inducer is on. Removed pressure switch, connections clean and tight. Removed one of the two rubber hoses nothing, removed the other hose (one connected to the restrictor side of the switch) and heard a click and the red light went on constant. Furnace shut down, moments later the inducer blower ran then the furnace came on with heat. I noticed the only way the furnace would run is to have that hose removed from the pressure switch.
Woke up to a very cold house with the furnace running and no heat. Single flash, I had to reset the limit switch but still no heat. Power off then on still no heat. Reconnected the rubber hose that was removed the night before then the red light came on again constant and the furnace started running correctly and has been for five hours now.
Im sure this will happen again, I didnt fix anything.
Any thoughts........
Thanks in advance for your help.
Robert

Hi,

Do you still need help ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?