Nordyne Model #M1SB 086A AW Blower motor.

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Greg S

I am not sure if my furnace is operating properly so just need some feed back on how it is operating. I installed it in December and it is about 4 years old.

It runs fine and heats the home well but when the thermostat shuts it off it only stays off for about 15 seconds then the blower comes back on. The blower runs for about 10 seconds, shuts off for 30 seconds then runs on last time for another 5-10 seconds.

Am I correct in assume it is suppose to operate this way for cooling the unit or is there something wrong with this furnace.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Robert

Hi Greg,

Could be something not allowing heat to dissipate completely from heat chamber thus needing a couple short runs to cool it down.

Could be wrong fan switch that someone installed previously with wrong cut in and cut out temps.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Greg S

Thanks. I'll try to confirm the switch settings.
In the mean time I will assume this is not a safety issue unless you believe it is.
An individual must enforce his own meaning in life and rise above the perceived conformity of the masses. (Anton LaVey)
Robert

Hi,

The only safety issue would be a blockage not allowing heat dissipation, but with furnace completely shutting down within a minute to a minute-10seconds, I don't think it is a safety issue yet.

Need more inspection and verification of issues before knowing for sure.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?