Problems with GE Blower Motor Mod #5KCP39GF

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

HVAC Noob

Hello from SC

I have a Nordyne split system outdoor unit but I have no idea the model # as the info on the tag is either missing or completely wore off due to age. It's over 15 years old. Individual parts still have info.

On rare occasions the blower clicks off normally but many times it makes a VERY loud grinding noise as it spins down for an extra 5 seconds when it shuts off. Is this simply a blower motor needing replacement after 15 years of use or possibly other issues?

I have no experience with HVAC so I'm trying to get an idea what replacement parts and labor will cost. I could attempt a first time repair if you think it's a simple replacement.

Blower specs appear to be exactly the same as in this post
https://www.mobilehomerepair.com/phpbb/v ... 77&start=0

825 RPM
1/4 HP
1.5 AMP

Thanks in advance for your help.
HVAC Noob

Perhaps this helps? Are any of these a correct replacement?

http://www.drillspot.com/tag/condenser- ... %3d208-230
Robert

Hi,

Remove indoor furnace door panel(s) and look on furnace facing for the data sticker or nameplate to get furnace model number.

Sounds like the bearings are shot.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
HVAC Noob

Hi Robert,

Nothing on the inside panel except a wiring diagram but I found a tag on the condenser that barely had the model # legible. I thought it read T106-036K, however after comparing to the various model numbers on the installation instructions for T1BC/T1Qc series outdoor heat pumps that I found, I figure that the actual model # is T1BC-036K. It's a Nordyne outdoor heat pump for Intertherm indoor furnace. I guess I don't have my parts right as it's the outdoor fan motor (condenser fan motor?) that is making the noise.

Anyway, I hope that helps. Is the motor easy to replace myself or should I call a pro?
Robert

Hi,

Call Mark toll free at 1-877-263-7860 and order Heat Pump Condenser Fan Motor # 621911 .

Also ask for the appropriate run capacitor for that motor.

The replacement is not too difficult, but may want an hvac tech to watch for the first time.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?