Intertherm mgha 077a

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Tom Naibauer

I hope that you can help. I just moved in to a modular home with an intertherm mgh 077a
furnace. It is propane fuled and I had 150 gal of fuel delivered on dec 23 keep the therm at 60 but i have used all of the 150 gal of fuel. it is jan 27. temp at the nearest vent is 80 deg.
The filters were filthy and have been replaced. it has air conditioning a coil in furnace and the compressor is under the house. my questions follow.
1 if the coil is dirty could this effect the eff. of the furnace
2. what should the temp of the output air be

please help and if you need more info ill try to get it for you
Robert

Hi Tom,

Yes, because the airflow flows through the coil.

Supply air temp at closest register to furnace should be between 40 and 70 degrees hotter than the return air temp at furnace.

If you look on your furnace data sticker or nameplate, it should give the design TEMP. RISE for the furnace to be specific, but 40 to 70 is average.

With restricted airflow and low supply air temp, the furnace will struggle to meet desired temp in home and burn more fuel.

Plus, probably have a dirty furnace as well.

Would suggest a call to a reputable hvac company for an inspection, clean and service of furnace.

150 gals. per month would bankrupt you quickly in cold temps.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Tom Naibauer

Thank you.
I would like to ask where the return air at the furnace is I find a 3 or 4 inch flex tube at the top of the furnace. is that it I am use to a regular box that you install a filter in.
Robert

Hi Tom,

The filters go behind the upper door panel louvers.

Small Hogs Hair Filter # 669086 ( 2 )

Filter Retainer # 668788 ( 2 )

Both can be seen and ordered through PayPal from this page :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/NordyneFilters.html

You will need two each.

The flex tube is your VentilAire System which brings in fresh ambient air to mix with return air.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?