Nordyne Compatabillity

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

brotherturtle

I am looking for info on my system. I have an electric 4 ton system. I had a very bad kitchen fire and the a/c was running at the time. Because there were a lot of particles in the smoke, the filter clogged and my A-Coil iced over. When the fire dept left, I took the cover off and let the blower continue to run in order to thaw the coil. The ice melted fast and the water ran down into the blower. As I was going to turn the unit off, I heard what sounded like a gas furnace lighting up. I could hear flames and see orange light glowing inside the tins of the blower unit.

I am trying to replace the heat / blower unit and have one that was given to me by a friend. It is new in the box, but I think it was made in 1999. I am trying to find out if it will work with my other components. Here is what I have:

The heat / blower unit that was damaged and will be replaced is a Coleman (Unitary Products Group) Model # EB15C, Serial # W0M8468458. It says 51,000 BTU on the label.

My A-Coil is a Mortex Model # 96-8W40-2P, Serial # M0507090450.

My condensing unit is a Medallion Model # MS5QD-048KA, Serial # MSA061200209.

My thermostat is a White-Rodgers Model # 1F86-344. I cant find a serial #.

The "new" heat / blower unit that I want to install is a Intertherm Model # E2EB-015HA, Serial # E2E991200700. It says 53,000 BTU.

I was not sure if this heat / blower will work with my other components due to the age of it. I bought my home as a repo last year, so when the dealer brought out the system, they brought out used components that were not matching. The heat / blower that was in the house was gas which is not available to me, so they installed a new electric unit. The A-Coil was older and not the same SEER rating as the condensing unit, so they installed a new A-Coil. I just want to know if all of my components are compatible before I call and pay for a tech to come do the swap out. Is there any way to know if all of this will work?
Robert

Hi,

Should work fine if it has a multi speed blower motor for heat and a/c .

The hvac tech doing the work would be best to look it over and know for sure.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?