Miller T3QA-042 condenser

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

soulshaker

Just replaced condenser fan motor last summer. Fan started to make a lot of noise last week. When I pulled the fan out and looked at the blades to see if all the balancing weights were there. The weights were ok, but I noticed that it looked like gasket material was missing between the fan blades and mount. Had space between fan blade an rivets. Drilled old rivets out and placed thin gasket material between blades and mount and fastened back with new rivets. Fan Motor did not make any noise when fan wasn't mounted on shaft. I mounted fan back on shaft and started unit up, and still made a lot of noise. Motor shaft didn't feel like it had a lot of loose play in it. Any suggestions ? Thanks, Randy
Robert

Hi Randy,

Is the loose play that is there up and down or from side to side ? Possibly going to need a new fan blade.

IF noise is only present with fan attached to motor shaft, that would be my thoughts from here.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?