Furnace Swap out

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

wizzard

Hello, I currently have a miller M1MB 070A BW gas furnace in my home. I am wanting to replace it with a miler MBHA 086 ABFC-01. Are these furnaces interchangeable ? Will i have to replace the roof jack, or are they the same. I am in need of more BTU's. Any help/information will be greatly appreciated.. Thanks and have a good one...
Robert

Hi,

Have you had a Manual J Load Calculation done to know correct size needed ? If not do that first, then find that BTUH size and correct physical; size for space you are installing at.

Make sure it is manufactured housing rated and you're good to go.

IF the furnace is exact same height as current one when installed in same location and the roof-jack is not very old, may can use it.

Otherwise best to get a new one. Also, some manufacturers will not honor the warranty on furnace unless a new roof-jack is purchased also.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
wizzard

Thanks so much for the reply, you guys are always so much help....have a good one..... :D
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help. Clarified a bit more:

1- Correct BTUH furnace for heat needed for home.
2- Correct physical size to fit in space and meet distances surrounding it safety specs.
3- Manufactured Housing rated.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?