nordyne e2eb-015hb

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

icebeast

Nordyne e2eb-15hb, 3 speed 4 ton 2.9 fla, 1/3HP
i had a repairman out to our house last fall as the blower was not shutting off right when the heat was on.
he told me that he had to bypass the AC circuit so the heater would work, and that he would order a part.
the heater and blower worked fine through the winter, but he has never returned any of my calls to him.
i have found the Nordyne installation manuel and the service manuel, but i need more simple directions than a wiring diagram.. i am looking for a basic drawing/picture of what is under the hood. i am fairly certain that i can replace the piece from the parts list on this website.. but would like a parts diagram so i can find the number of the part to order.

also-
repairman told me he would bring me out a cleaner to clean the coils to prevent excess condensation. what is the best way to clean the coils of the dust the filters have missed?
Robert

Hi,

Which part did he say was needed ? The sequencer controls the blower in heat mode and the fan relay in cooling.

Go here and read my articles on cleaning your a/c and cleaning a furnace blower :

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/articleshvac.html

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
icebeast

the repairman did not give any information, nor respond to any calls. the office person that answers the phone appologized but had no information about my missing part!

near bottom there are 3 screw holes, and i was hoping that by the picture you might be able to tell what was missing. also, in the picture, near the left you can see the wires that were disconnected and left hanging.

when the thermostat is turned on, the air conditioner starts cooling and frost will form on the copper pipes, but the blower will not kick on.

i read your article on cleaning, thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Hi,

Look at t-stat Green wire connected to G. Find that green wire where it enters the furnace cabinet and tell if it is connected and if so,where at.

A pic of it would be great.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
icebeast

theromstat is working and it is connected. when i turn air conditioning on, the coils get frost on them.. just cant get blower to work at same time.
i must revise what i said earlier.. i BELIEVE that repairman took a part off. maybe he just disconnected some wires??
anyway, i included a pic and a simple drawing that might give a clue to what is unhooked.

i appreciate the help in this, my wife says i have until payday to come up with a fix, or we call another repairman out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
icebeast

..and here is the actual picture. not smart enough to figure out how to add both attachments...
Robert

Hi,

How many wires are disconnected and left hanging ? What colors and where do they come from ?

Trace all wires from blower motor to the white molex connector plug.

Then look at opposite side of plug and find the black wire and follow it.

Does that black connect anywhere or is one of the disconnected wires ?

No parts missing, but may be some bad parts.

However, starting to smell a rat here IF you catch my drift.

Thanks,
Robert
icebeast

everything i know about HVAC, i learned from your website.. so forgive, but there are a couple part names here i am just going to describe..
the disconnected wires are:
Red- from the back of blower
black- from back of blower
yellow- back of blower
and a red that goes out to where the green T-stat wire was connected has been jumped directly to a purple wire that come from the transformer.
there is also a white wire that is only about 3 inches long- that has been totally disconnected and bundled with the wires.

possible connections i see:
the contactor has 2 open posts, one at each end, and one on the white wire side (as opposed to the grey wire side)
the part i drew a picture of above, is that called a relay?? well, there are two black boxes, one labled for heating and one for cooling, on it the HTG has an open post labled COM, and the CLG has one post labled NO.
Robert

Hi,

Your blower motor wire for cooling speed is not connected and blower will not run without it. That said, I do not know what last guy did and can't say what may or may not happen IF you connect the wire.

You will have to decide that.

You could set t-stat to cool-auto-lowest temp setting and when a-coil starts to frost, test the cooling relay NO terminal to a good unpainted metal surface (screw) for ground and see if you get 120VAC.

Thanks,
Robert
icebeast

i love your quote about being Humbly Greatful... i fully applies here. i am just greatful my wife did not divorce me as soon as the heat hit 80 in here...

you were also right in smelling a rat. i did have to call out Comfort Air and they found no bad parts in the system and got it up and running. he said he did not want to say anything bad about the other company, but it seemed like a "repairman's trick" to him.

thanks for your assistance.
Robert

Hi,

Glad it is taken care of, seen that trick many times before. It's a shame and gives the hvac trade a bad rep, but all we can do is keep doing it right and hope it makes a difference.

Take care and best wishes,
Robert