Cover for the A-Grill

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

aamirghanchi

Hi.

For the double-wide I recently bought, the evaporator grill of my intertherm is exposed and is covered with all kinds of dust (rust?). Where can I get the cover for it? Are there any salvage yards or junk yards like they have for automobiles. I am outside Austin, TX.

Thanks
Robert

Hi,

What are you referring to as a cover ? The evaporator a-coil itself has no cover, though some can/do have an enclosed coil box.

Then there is either two mesh filters that lay atop each coil side or one filter behind the louvered door panel.

A pic of it would help explain what you are asking.

No salvage or junk yards like for autos.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
aamirghanchi

Hello Robert. Sorry for the late reply.
If the picture goes through right, as you can see the evaporator coils is all exposed. Is this normal? I have not seen this in the earlier house we were living in. There is also a plastic flexible duct hanging from the closet ceiling. Probably the previous owner tried to recycle the hot summer attic air by sucking it into the blower through this duct, so that the attic has some air circulation (I am guessing).

I digress. My original question is about the exposed a-coil. Is there supposed to be a cover for it and where can I get it.

Thanks
A-Grill.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Hi,

Yes, there should be a louvered door panel there in front of the a-coil. From the pic, it doesn't appear to have the frame for the door panel though, but maybe has another way of attaching that I cannot see.

What is the furnace model number found on the furnace facing data sticker by removing lower furnace door panel.

The flex duct from ceiling is from the VentilAire system which draws in fresh outside air when the blower is running.

Not a good design in my opinion and I do not like using it. I usually double it back and wrap a zip tie around the U shape after doubling it up and tighten it down to stop it from being able to have airflow through it.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
aamirghanchi

Well... there is a furnace closet door with slots, if thats what you meant by "louvered door panel". The door shuts the whole closet. There is nothing to specifically cover the evaporator grill. The blower is covered though through a detachable snap-in door. Sorry for my ignorance of the terms.

The furnace model# I have it here is E2EB-023HA
and the A/C model# is 018.024.

I hope it makes sense.

Here is the older zoomed out picture with blower door removed and the closet door in the left
ac6.jpg
Thanks so much for all your replies!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert

Hi,

Ok, you need filters for the a-coil. Measure the closet door areas where the louvers/slots are.

Then call 605 - 229 - 2627 and order cut to fit hog's hair filters for those areas. Also order the filter clips/racks to hold them in place.

The filter will fit into the cavity on back side of louvered doors. IF the filters come with small square grids on one side, those grids face the furnace/a-coil.

Remove and clean filter(s) every 30 days.

Also, go here and read my articles on cleaning your a/c and cleaning a furnace blower:

http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/hvac/articleshvac.html

Thanks,
Robert
aamirghanchi

Thanks so much for providing this service!
God bless.
Robert

Hi,

You're very welcome, happy to help. God Bless you as well.

Thanks,
Robert