A coil condensation

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Pronghornboy

My Nordyne C3QA-042U-B A coil in leaking condensation on the inside of the coil and drip pan its running down the inside onto the furnace. I've cleaned everything and its still happening. I'm not sure if I have a drain trap how would I tell? Also, I've read that a coil box might help, is installing the coil box a DIY job? Where can I get a trap and coil box?
Robert

Hi,

To know if you have a trap, follow the drain line from pan to termination and see if there is one.

We sell traps or you can get pvc pipe and 90* elbows and make one at end of drain line.

Call Mark at 605-229-2627 to see if he can get a coil box for your a-coil.

If not, will need an hvac tech to make one up.

I would get an hvac tech to come out as this can be very frustrating trying find the source, even for an hvac tech.

Will need to know if it is condensation or is it a malfunction of a part of the system at that location.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Pronghornboy

I've heard that a person can insulate the the exposed surfaces of the drip pan to help stop the condensation. What are your thoughts on this? If it is possible how would I do the job?
Robert

Too much surface area other than the pan for that to help a lot.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?