Intertherm B3BV Leaking Water

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

gypsycob

Hi,
I have an Intertherm B3BV furnace/AC unit that is leaking water - water is coming out of the floor tiles and also under carpet. I looked through the slit for the air filter and could see a steady drip of water into the bottom of the unit (a steel box with nothing in it but the water). I took off the top panel, but leak is not that high up. The next panel down has several pipe connections, and I was afraid to try to remove for fear of breaking a connection. I cannot access the area where the water is pooling. Any suggestions? I live an hour and a half from the nearest authorized service company listed on the intertherm website - hoping to avoid a whopping repair bill. Thanks for any help.
Robert

Hi,

Cracked drain pan if plastic or rusted hole if metal, drain line clogged, dirty a-coil, blower wheel, filter or low charge causing freezing coil and thaw out, no trap in drain line if negative airflow design, damaged coil fins.

Those are the most common for that.

Any reputable hvac company should be able to resolve this.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?