nordyne B3BM-030K-A cycling for only a second

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

joedirt199

i have an electric furnace that once it gets the house to around 70* and goes off. when it cycles back on it will only run for a second or two and then shut off. it will continue this until you actually turn the heater off at the thermostat or the breaker. the landlord had a guy come out and thought that it was the wall thermostat so he changed it out, but now it is doing it again. it does blow hot air and after turning it off for a while then turning it back on it will run for a while till it shuts off, then it starts the on/off cycle for just a second at a time. little help it what may be causing it would be appreciated.
Robert

Most likely a bad sequencer or contactor, whichever it has (not able to look it up right now).

That is what controls the heating element and blower motor.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
joedirt199

so where do i find a manual that shows me where those parts are? have been hunting the net but not finding much. any idea about what those parts might run?
Robert

Look on the lower furnace facing for data sticker and get the furnace model number. The number given is an a-coil model number.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?