M2RC 080A problem

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Redneck_Randy

Having a problem with our furnace. When the unit gets a call for heat I do see the ignitor glowing and then hear the gas valve click open and then see the flame through the inspection window. Couple seconds later the flame goes out and then the system tries again in a few minutes. I am getting a 4 flash fault code from the control board. Service manual says check ground. What ground would that be ? The furnace does start up after it tries 3 or 4 times and does stay running till it shuts down then the cycle starts all over again. Most of the time the system faults out and I get the 4 flash fault code and have to reset the system by turning off the power to the furnace.

Thanks
Randy
Robert

Hi Randy,

The circuit grounds, but it can be the ground, a bad fault code (board problem), loose connection, etc.

Unless familiar with all the circuits, best to call an hvac tech to diagnose and then see if it is something you can DIY.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
Redneck_Randy

It ended up being the flame sensor. I just cleaned it off and everything is working fine now.
Robert

Thanks for the update, glad all is well.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?