Nordyne-Model-MGHA-056AAFC-01

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mswoods806

I have been having a problem with my furnace since the end of last winter. I was able to get through without needing it at the time, but it's about to turn cold again so I need to get this thing working. I would really appreciate any help.

It is a Nordyne Model-MGHA-056AAFC-01. The pilot will light and stay lit without a problem. When I turn the blower to "on" it makes the initial buzzing noise (letting you know the unit is getting power, also the noise it makes when you have your thermostat set to low and the blower does not need to be blowing), but never cuts on and blows heat through the house. If it turn it on "fan" the blower comes on and blows air throughout. I have changed the thermostat and re-stripped the wiring just to make sure that was not the problem. Everything else seems to be working fine except that initial "kick on" to make the warm air blow through my home.

My dad used to live here and he said he had the same problem quite a few years back, and he had someone come out and they pushed a reset button that solved the problem. He doesn't remember where this button is and I've looked everywhere.

Could you tell me where the reset button is and if you think this may be the problem?

Thank you.
Robert

Hi,

IF it is the manual reset limit switch, it needs to be replaced if faulty. May or may not be a manual reset still if it was replaced IF it had one of those. That is only reset on them.

It will be either at middle left side near blower or on the side of blower housing. It is a black limit switch with small push button in center, usually red in color.

May be a bad fan relay also.

Best to call an hvac tech and resolve as it deals with blower on a gas furnace for safety.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?