M1SB 066 Fan Issue?

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

frontein

I have an oil-fired, forced-air, Nordyne M1SB 066 furnace. After the call for heat ends, the fan keeps running until it drops below 95 degrees in the furnace. This is to be expected.

However, after a couple seconds, the fan kicks on again for a while and stops. And sometimes it will start again a second time. I read another posting on this site by Greg S who was having the same issue with the same furnace:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6771

And another one:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=6274&start=0

But I can't find any literature that explains why this is happening. Has anyone else run into this issue? I'm curious why it is doing this, even if it is supposed to.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Robert

Hi,

With it being the blower only doing this, my replies to GregS are all I can give without being there.

It would have to be an electrical problem/component not working correctly OR heat not being dissipated quickly enough and it doing what it is designed to do.

Call Nordyne and see if they have had any issues with that furnace acting that way.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
frontein

Thanks. I think you are right. After more research, I think it is normal heat dissipation.
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?