Pilot won't light M1GB 056A BW

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

Mandy

This furnace ran perfectly the past two winters, and the pilot flame was always quite large and very blue, no other color.
Today is the first time I have tried to run the furnace since last spring. I didn't bother shutting the pilot off during the summer. I checked the pilot before turning on the thermostat and found it was out, which I thought was a little odd seeing as the only time it has ever gone out in 2 years was when I shut off the gas, and I hadn't done that since I last ran the furnace.
Anyhow, I lit the pilot, and while I was holding the control in the "SET" position the flame would burn, with the same large, blue flame. But, as soon as I released the control back to "PILOT" the flame would go out. I tried holding the control in the "SET" position for longer periods of time up to a couple of minutes, and the pilot goes out as soon as I release the control.
What do you think might be the problem?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Robert

Most likely a bad thermocouple.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?