Nordyne MMHA070ABHR05

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

abundas

Hi
Great site really appreciate the information here. When my furnace starts and the burner comes on it, the fan starts and stops anywhere from 2-4 time before it stays on. I recently found that when I remove the cover this goes away and once it starts it runs the full cycle normally. Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Andy
Robert

Hi Andy,

Could be a bad fan switch, dirty burner tube, dirty/clogged burner orifice.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
abundas

Do you have any idea why it would work when the cover is off but the symtom comes back when I put the cover back on.

Thanks
Andy
Robert

Hi Andy,

Not without being there to see what is happening. Could be a combustion air problem.

How does the burner flame look when ignited ?

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
abundas

At the end of the burner tube its blue and the flame in the chamber is a yellow/orange color.

Thanks
Andy
Robert

Thoroughly inspect the roof jack for blockages, separations or leaks.

Thanks,
Robert
abundas

Thanks again for your help I really appreaciate it, great site! I'll get up there and take a look.

Andy
Robert

You're very welcome, happy to help.

Thanks,
Robert