Heats poorly

Questions about repairs and parts for Nordyne furnaces, air conditioners and heat pumps for manufactured homes including Intertherm, Mac and Miller brands. Click here for Nordyne parts.

Moderators: Greg, Mark

sup1

I have a E2 series Nordyne/intertherm (Model: E2EH-012HA) (Serial: E2E9711-04142). It does not heat well when it gets below 40 degrees outside. It tends to run for a long time and does not heat up to what the thermostat is set. What would cause that?
furnaceman

Based on your post it could be a number of things including a problem with a heating element,
a bad sequencer or one going bad, an open limit to a element, ect.
First thing is check all circuit breakers.
Before we go any farther, this furnace involves HIGH VOLTAGE 220V. This is extremely dangerous.
Since I dont know your background,ect, I would suggest calling a tech,

If you are comfortable and experienced working with ac voltages, then let me know, :mrgreen:
Robert

Your furnace has 2 element coils. At the far ends, left and right sides, is a terminal on a white ceramic insulator.

After a call for heat from t-stat, wait about 45 seconds and then test and see if you have 240vac across the terminals for each coil.

One meter lead to left and other to right. Should have 240vac across them and 120vac to ground from each one individually.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?
sup1

If one of them is not registering (the left one seems to not work or heat up), would the coils need replaced or should I look at something else before that?
Robert

IF you do not have 240vac across them and do not have 120vac to ground from left side, then follow left side wire back to sequencer terminal and see if you have 120vac to ground from there.

Thanks,
Robert
Some people are Humbly Grateful, while some are Grumbly Hateful.................... Which one are you ?