Wiring question

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

poirier

So as I had some of my underbelly opened up to move my water pressure tank I noticed these small wires, one red, one blue and one white underneath the floors. We were working close to one end of the home so I could see where those wires came out and they connected to....nothing. I couldn't see where the other end went because it crossed underneath the heat duct and didn't feel like seeing where it ran to as we spent most of the day underneath there. Anyone know what those wires might possibly be for? My dad was thinking maybe it used to be hooked up to a thermostat or something
Spydrweb1977

Sounds like thermostat, phone, or alarm system, or possibly for a remote water meter transmitter.
poirier

so could be a few things guess I will just have to get under there and see where the other side of the wires goes to.
cmanningjr

Are the axle's still on there?? Sounds like the wire to the electric brakes that are required When they transport it..
bobfather99

If the wiring is in fact transport wiring(not sure):

Blue wire is for the electric brake control
Red wire is a fused lead(to fusebox)
White wire is the ground(completes the circuit)

If all the electric is working in the home, just leave it there. No point in messing with it.
Tip your bartender.....