Source for interior door trim

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

DonCO

Does anyone know where I can find replacement paneling-type trim for my interior doors? Thanx, Don
Greg

Hi & welcome. Most of us here simply upgrade to REAL molding. I really don't think that I have seen the Original type molding in any store. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
Greg

I was a Lowes this morning and they do have some prefinished moldings. You would need to take a small sample to try to match up. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
DonCO

Thanx, Greg. I'll be headed toward the nearest Lowe's in a couple weeks. Will look then. Don
Jim from Canada

Personally, I just go to the lumber store and buy 1x common pine and use that. The table saw and router takes care of anything else.
Yanita

Hi,

That's what we have done Jim. It is also sooo much cheaper when you have alot of trim you want to replace.

Yanita
The difference between success and failure is who gives up first!
Jim from Canada

That reminds me Yanita. I bought a 1x6x10' common pine board. I made 2 outside corner and 2 inside corner trim pieces with it and had wood left over. The board cost $7, the trim pieces I made, retail for about $10 or more each for an 8 foot length.
Since I have a thickness planer, I have been thinking of buying a bunch of pine barn board. It comes 1 1/4" thick by 12" wide for about $1 a running foot. That is way cheap! I could re-saw the thickness, plane it and get double the length of it in 1/2" boards, or make T&G out of it and replace my drywall (lighter weight too), or any number of things.