water heater

Repair help for the do-it-yourselfer.
For mobile home parts, click here.

Moderators: Greg, Mark, mhrAJ333, JD

sam

i have a water heater leaking is there anyway to shut it off so ican use the water....thanks

and can i use a regular water heater, my budget is very low
Rod

Sam

Only if you have a shut off that isolates the tank.

If the tank is gas it will have to be Rated for MH use. If its gas and its accessed from the inside of the house it needs to be "sealed combustion"

If its electric just make sure the new tank doesn't require more power than the old.

If you are not sure of any of this it would be a good idea to get a Reputable plumber or MH tech to look at it.

Rod
saxman14701

Had to replace my water heater last year. It leaked and completly soaked under the floor covering damaging the entire bathroom floor. Check the flooring after you remove the tank and repair it if it has be weakened. I match the electric water heater with the same model at my local Home Depot. I decided to install a shut off valve inside on the main line next to the water heater as well. I purchased a Pex line cutter and some SharkBite couplers at Home Depot as well. It was a quick and easy install. Just remember to follow all the installing direction that come with your new tank and you shouldn't Have any problems. The wiring for the tank is all color coded so its straight forward as well, just remember to shut off the main circut, if your not comfortable doing this just have an electrician do your wiring. Good luck with this project :)
Greg

Don't forget to add shutoffs on both sides of the tank, that way you won't run into this problem again. Greg
"If I can't fix it, I can screw it up so bad no one else can either."
sam

thanks guys, but before i could check i went to lowes and bought a mobile water heater, cheaper than what mobile home store wanted....so again thanks